“Being in Nature” walks
Day walks in the Waitakeres
If you answer “Yes” to any of these following questions then our one day “Being in Nature” walk experience is for you.
⊕ Are you feeling stuck on a treadmill?
⊕ Have you heard yourself thinking “there must be more to life than this”?
⊕ Would you love to walk through native bush but have not had time or don’t know quite how to start again?
⊕ Is it time to say “I need some time for me”?
- love the outdoors and want to experience the native forests and plants of New Zealand in a different way and
- have a moderate level of fitness
then Wilderness Wellbeing is for you.
Connect with yourself through connecting with the native forest and plants of Aotearoa, New Zealand
- You connect with nature
- You connect with the inner “Me”
- A day for you where everything is taken care of
- Spend a day in nature with experienced and knowledgeable guides
- Learn the supportive power of our plant and tree allies
- Learn new tools to connect to yourself wherever you are
- Come away with a clear action plan and support in achieving it
- The start of a longer journey to achieving your goals in life
Why Wilderness Wellbeing
Your guides are Hilary Carlile & Su Hillary, nieces of New Zealand icon Sir Ed Hillary. We stand in his legacy and Wilderness Wellbeing is our expression of it.
We are passionate about sharing our love for and the ancient wisdom of the New Zealand bush. To this we bring our enjoyment in contributing to people and our experience in organising, preparing and training.
We guide you to start discovering the power of saying “YES to ME”. We do this through igniting your connection with the New Zealand bush and by you learning the wisdom of nature as we walk the trail.
“Wilderness Wellbeing makes an ordinary nature walk into an extra-ordinary adventure, reconnecting with nature and yourself”. Hilary Carlile
The day is fun and a total break from those things that demand that your needs come second, third or often last on the long list of things to do. You experience the camaraderie of fellow trail walkers all with a common purpose.
“When you do the things you love & enjoy, passion and sparks ignite. Energy flows and life feels vibrant”. Su Hillary
We use First Light Flower Essences of New Zealand® to help build or strengthen your connection. They are the most advanced and complete range of flower essences in the world. Created by award winning researcher and pioneer in the field of holistic health Franchelle Ofsoské-Wyber these essences contain the purest essence of New Zealand nature.
Our tools also include Coaching & Mentoring, Atua (a Maori healing modality, BodyTalk and Accunect (both consciousness and energy modalities).
Here’s what a day looks like
- pick you up from a central city location or meet you at our clinic
- drive to our start point (about 50 mins)
- begin our journey with a welcome and introduction to the New Zealand bush
- identify your key challenge in life
- walk and experience the bush and your connection to it
- have relaxing morning tea by the river
- walk and begin to experience your connection to “Me”
- Healthy lunch is provided
- Walk – noticing it becomes easier as you overcome challenges and connect to yourself with the help of the essences
- Celebration time with a well-earned tea or coffee – debriefing on what you have learnt and developing your action plan and support requests.
- Return you to the central city location or our clinic
The actual amount of time spent walking is about 3 hrs in total.
Timing: Pick-up will be at 8.30 am and we will be back at the clinic about 4 pm.
Transport: You will be picked up and returned to a central city location.
We provide: Transport and lunch
You provide: some snacks for yourself, a warm jacket and a waterproof jacket, a small day pack you can carry yourself.
Footwear: we recommend that your wear runners or boots (boots are only needed if very wet).
You take away: Your personalised bottle of First Light Flower Essences of New Zealand®, a summary of the healing properties of 10 New Zealand native plants, your healing crystal and an awesome experience.
Conditions: Minimum of four, maximum of 8.
Age range 10 – 70 if reasonable level of fitness. Those under 17 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Our wilderness experiences will take place except in extreme adverse weather conditions, such as forecasted heavy rain or hail.
Adults: $257 NZD
Young people (10-17yrs) with parents: $200.00 NZD
Group of 8: $1,750.00 NZD